- MMS settings can not be sent to your Galaxy Tab 10.1 via SMS.
- You can configure your phone manually for MMS. Follow the step-by-step instructions below.
* An internet connection is required to send and receive MMS messages. Use the menu at the left to choose the relevant instructions. Continue with the MMS configuration.
* Start screen.
* Choose *Apps*.
* Choose *Wireless and networks*, and then *Mobile networks*.
* Choose *Data enabled*, and check this option.
* Choose *Acces Points Names*.
* Remove all current APN settings except BASE Internet by choosing the APN, choosing the menu symbol, and choosing *Delete APN*.
* Choose the menu symbol, and choose *New APN*.
* Under *Name*, enter BASE MMS.
* Under *APN*, enter mms.base.be (be aware of the dots).
* Under *Username*, enter base.
* Under *Password*, enter base.
* Under *MMSC*, enter http://mmsc.base.be (be aware of the dots).
* Under *MMS proxy*, enter 220.127.116.11 (be aware of the dots).
* Under *MMS port*, enter 8080.
* Under *Mobile country code*, enter 206.
* Under *Mobile network code*, enter 20.
* Under *APN type*, choose *mms*. If this option is not available, enter *mms*. (note: in lower case)
* Choose the menu symbol, and choose *Save*.
* Return to the Start screen.
- Start screen.
- Switch the Galaxy Tab 10.1 off and then on again to activate the settings.
- Note: Activation is only complete after sending a first MMS. Test the settings by sending an MMS to your own phone number.
- If the MMS is successful, you will receive a confirmation within a few minutes. Check the messages inbox of your Galaxy Tab 10.1 if you have received the MMS.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to create and send an MMS, click here.