* Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your Samsung Galaxy J1 which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
* Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
* The following steps contain instructions on how to update your Samsung Galaxy J1 to the latest software version over the air.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose the menu symbol.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *About device*.
* Choose *Software update*.
* If this screen appears, choose an option, in this case *OK*.
* The Samsung Galaxy J1 is now searching for available updates.
* If this screen appears, the Samsung Galaxy J1 already has the latest software version.
* If this screen does not appear, an update is available. To install the software update, follow the on-screen instructions.
* Choose *OK* and return to the Start screen.