I5800 Galaxy Apollo
- These instructions apply only to an Samsung Galaxy Apollo not running Android 2.2 (Froyo) or 2.3 (Gingerbread). If your device is running one of these software versions, the images may be different and other instructions may be required. To check the software version, choose Applications, Settings, About phone, Firmware version.
- Android 2.2 or 2.3? Click here for step by step instructions.
- Different version? Click Next for step by step instructions.
- An internet connection is required to send and receive MMS messages. Use the menu at the left to choose the relevant instructions. Continue with the MMS configuration.
- Start screen.
- Choose Applications.
- Choose Wireless and network.
- Choose Access Point Names.
- Remove all current APN settings except BASE Internet by choosing the APN, choosing the menu key, and choosing Delete APN.
- Choose the menu key, and choose New APN.
- Under Name, enter BASE MMS.
- Under APN, enter mms.base.be (be aware of the dots).
- Under User name, enter base.
- Under Password, enter base.
- Under MMSC, enter http://mmsc.base.be (be aware of the dots).
- Under MMS proxy, enter 184.108.40.206 (be aware of the dots).
- Under MMS port, enter 8080.
- Under MCC, enter 206.
- Under MNC, enter 20.
- Under APN type, choose MMS.
- Choose the menu key.
- Choose Save.
- Return to the Start screen.
- Start screen.
- Switch the Samsung Galaxy Apollo off and then on again to activate the settings.
- Note: Activation is only complete after sending a first MMS. Test the settings by sending an MMS to your own phone number.
- If the MMS is successful, you will receive a confirmation within a few minutes. Check the messages inbox of your Samsung Galaxy Apollo if you have received the MMS.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to create and send an MMS, click here.