Galaxy J7 (2017)
Reset to factory settings
- When certain applications no longer function properly or if your Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
- Please note: your Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017). Make sure you have them at hand.
- If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
- Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
- Select Next for step-by-step instructions to reset the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) to factory settings.
- Go to the Start screen.
- To open the menu, swipe up or down on the screen.
- Scroll down.
- Choose General management.
- Optional: choose BACKUP AND RESTORE for more options.
- Choose Reset.
- Choose Factory data reset.
- All data and settings saved on the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) will be deleted.
- The Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) will automatically reset and reboot.
- The Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) has been reset.