- MMS settings can not be sent to your Samsung Galaxy Alpha via SMS.
- You can configure your phone manually for MMS. Follow the step-by-step instructions below.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose *Apps*.
* Under *NETWORK CONNECTIONS*, choose *More networks*.
* Choose *Mobile networks*.
* Choose *Access Point Names*.
* Choose the plus symbol.
* Under *Name*, enter BASE MMS
* Under *APN*, enter mms.base.be (be aware of the dots)
* Under *Username*, enter base
* Under *Password*, enter base
* Scroll down.
* Under *MMSC*, enter http://mmsc.base.be (be aware of the dots)
* Under *MMS proxy*, enter 18.104.22.168 (be aware of the dots)
* Under *MMS port*, enter 8080
* Under *MCC*, enter 206
* Under *MNC*, enter 20
* Under *Authentication type*, tick PAP.
* Choose *APN type*.
* If this screen appears, enter *mms* (note: in lower case) and choose *OK*.
* If this screen does not appear, tick *MMS* and choose *OK*.
* Choose the options symbol.
* The Samsung Galaxy Alpha has now been configured for use of MMS.
* Return to the Start screen.
- Start screen.
- Switch the Samsung Galaxy Alpha off and then on again to activate the settings.
- Note: Activation is only complete after sending a first MMS. Test the settings by sending an MMS to your own phone number.
- If the MMS is successful, you will receive a confirmation within a few minutes. Check the messages inbox of your Samsung Galaxy Alpha if you have received the MMS.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to create and send an MMS, click here.