* Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your Samsung Galaxy Alpha which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
* Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
* The following steps contain instructions on how to update your Samsung Galaxy Alpha to the latest software version over the air.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose *Apps*.
* Scroll down.
* Under *SYSTEM*, choose *About device*.
* Choose *Software update*.
* The Samsung Galaxy Alpha is now searching for available updates.
* If this screen appears, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha already has the latest software version.
* If this screen does not appear, an update is available. To install the software update, follow the on-screen instructions.
* Choose *OK* and return to the Start screen.