* When certain applications no longer function properly or if your Samsung Galaxy Alpha is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
* Please note: your Samsung Galaxy Alpha may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Make sure you have them at hand.
* If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
* Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
* Select *Next* for step-by-step instructions to reset the Samsung Galaxy Alpha to factory settings.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose *Apps*.
* Scroll down.
* Under *USER AND BACKUP*, choose *Backup and reset*.
* Optional: tick *Back up my data*.
* Choose *Factory data reset*.
* Choose *Erase everything*.
* All data and settings saved on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha will be deleted.
* The Samsung Galaxy Alpha will automatically reset and reboot.
* The Samsung Galaxy Alpha has been reset.