- MMS settings can not be sent to your Samsung Xcover 550 via SMS.
- You can configure your phone manually for MMS. Follow the step-by-step instructions below.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Press the *Menu* key.
* Select *Settings* and press the *Select* key.
* Scroll down.
* Select *Network* and press the *Select* key.
* Select *Internet profiles* and press the *Select* key.
* Press the *Options* key.
* Select *Create* and press the *Select* key.
* Select *Set name* and enter BASE MMS
* Select *Homepage URL* and enter http://mmsc.base.be (be aware of the dots)
* If *Proxy* is disabled, select *Proxy* and press the *Change* key.
* If *Proxy* is enabled, go to the next step.
* Select *Address* and enter 184.108.40.206 (be aware of the dots)
* Scroll down.
* Select *Port* and enter 8080
* Select *GPRS settings* and press the *Change* key.
* Select *Access name* and enter mms.base.be (be aware of the dots)
* Select *User ID* and enter base
* Select *Password* and enter base
* The Samsung Xcover 550 has now been configured for use of MMS.
* Return to the Start screen.
- Start screen.
- Switch the Samsung Xcover 550 off and then on again to activate the settings.
- Note: Activation is only complete after sending a first MMS. Test the settings by sending an MMS to your own phone number.
- If the MMS is successful, you will receive a confirmation within a few minutes. Check the messages inbox of your Samsung Xcover 550 if you have received the MMS.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to create and send an MMS, click here.