* When certain applications no longer function properly or if your Nokia 1 is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
* Please note: your Nokia 1 may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the Nokia 1. Make sure you have them at hand.
* If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
* Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
* Select *Next* for step-by-step instructions to reset the Nokia 1 to factory settings.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Drag the arrow symbol up.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *System*.
* Optional: choose *Backup* and choose an option.
* Choose *Reset options*.
* Choose *Erase all data (factory reset)*.
* Choose *ERASE EVERYTHING*.
* All data and settings saved on the Nokia 1 will be deleted.
* The Nokia 1 will automatically reset and reboot.
* The Nokia 1 has been reset.