Reset to factory settings
- When certain applications no longer function properly or if your Huawei P8 Lite is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
- Please note: your Huawei P8 Lite may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the Huawei P8 Lite. Make sure you have them at hand.
- If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
- Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
- Select Next for step-by-step instructions to reset the Huawei P8 Lite to factory settings.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Optional: enable Back up my data.
- Choose Factory data reset.
- Optional: tick Erase internal storage.
- Choose Reset phone.
- Choose an option, in this case Reset phone.
- All data and settings saved on the Huawei P8 Lite will be deleted.
- The Huawei P8 Lite will automatically reset and reboot.
- The Huawei P8 Lite has been reset.