* When certain applications no longer function properly or if your Huawei P20 is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
* Please note: your Huawei P20 may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the Huawei P20. Make sure you have them at hand.
* If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
* Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
* Select *Next* for step-by-step instructions to reset the Huawei P20 to factory settings.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *System*.
* Optional: choose *Back up & restore* for more options.
* Choose *Reset*.
* Choose *Factory data reset*.
* All data and settings saved on the Huawei P20 will be deleted.
* The Huawei P20 will automatically reset and reboot.
* The Huawei P20 has been reset.