- When certain applications no longer function properly or if your Huawei Mate S is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
- Please note: your Huawei Mate S may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the Huawei Mate S. Make sure you have them at hand.
- If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
- Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
- Select Next for step-by-step instructions to reset the Huawei Mate S to factory settings.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Optional: enable Back up my data.
- Choose Factory data reset.
- Optional: tick Erase internal storage.
- Choose Reset phone.
- Choose an option, in this case Reset phone.
- All data and settings saved on the Huawei Mate S will be deleted.
- The Huawei Mate S will automatically reset and reboot.
- The Huawei Mate S has been reset.