* When certain applications no longer function properly or if your Huawei Mate S is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
* Please note: your Huawei Mate S may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the Huawei Mate S. Make sure you have them at hand.
* If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
* Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
* Select *Next* for step-by-step instructions to reset the Huawei Mate S to factory settings.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *Backup & reset*.
* Optional: enable *Back up my data*.
* Choose *Factory data reset*.
* Optional: tick *Erase internal storage*.
* Choose *Reset phone*.
* Choose an option, in this case *Reset phone*.
* All data and settings saved on the Huawei Mate S will be deleted.
* The Huawei Mate S will automatically reset and reboot.
* The Huawei Mate S has been reset.