- MMS settings can not be sent to your HTC Hero via SMS.
- You can configure your phone manually for MMS. Follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- To send and receive MMS, you need an active internet connection. If needed, click on the instructions on the left for how to set up mobile internet. When ready, continue with this instructions for setting up MMS.
- Start screen.
- Choose the arrow symbol.
- Choose Wireless controls.
- Choose Mobile network settings.
- Choose Access Point Names.
- Remove any existing APN's (except for BASE Internet ) by tapping on them, choosing the menu key, and then Delete APN.
- Choose the menu key, and choose New APN.
- Under Name, enter BASE MMS.
- Under APN, enter mms.base.be (be aware of the dots).
- Under Username, enter base.
- Under Password, enter base.
- Under MMSC, enter http://mmsc.base.be (be aware of the dots).
- Under MMS Proxy, enter 188.8.131.52 (be aware of the dots).
- Under MMS Poort, enter 8080.
- Under MMS protocol, choose WAP 2.0.
- Under MCC, enter 206.
- Under MNC, enter 20.
- Under APN type, enter mms. (watch out: lower-case letters)
- Choose the menu key.
- Choose Save.
- Return to the Start screen.
- Start screen.
- Switch the HTC Hero off and then on again to activate the settings.
- Note: Activation is only complete after sending a first MMS. Test the settings by sending an MMS to your own phone number.
- If the MMS is successful, you will receive a confirmation within a few minutes. Check the messages inbox of your HTC Hero if you have received the MMS.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to create and send an MMS, click here.