Create a backup with your account
- Before doing a factory reset on your device, you might want to back up your personal data and settings to your iCloud account. This allows you to save all your contacts, photos and messages.
- Verify if an iCloud account is set up on your device, then choose Next for step-by-step instructions.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Sign in to your iPhone.
- Under Apple ID, enter your Apple ID.
- Under Password, enter your password.
- Scroll down.
- Choose iCloud Backup.
- A backup of your personal data will now automatically be stored on your iCloud account.
- The backup has been made.
- Return to the Start screen.
- The backup you created allows you to import your apps, files and personal data to a new device, or to restore them to your current device after you Reset Your Device to factory settings.