iPhone 6s iOS 10
- Receiving too many notifications can sometimes be overwhelming and distracting. This tutorial will help you gain more control over your notifications by customising what pops up on your screen.
- We will guide you step-by-step through the customisation of the Notifications app.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose an application, for example App Store.
- To disable notifications for this application, disable Allow Notifications.
- To stop notifications for this app being shown in the Notification Centre, disable Show in Notification Centre.
- A badge app icon is the number in the red circle at the right upper corner of an app that indicates how many notifications you have received from the app.
- To stop showing badge app icons for this app in the Notification Centre, disable Badge App Icon.
- To stop showing notifications for this app on the lock screen, disable Show on Lock Screen.
- Under ALERT STYLE WHEN UNLOCKED, you can set the style of notifications you receive when your Apple iPhone 6s is unlocked. If you choose:
- None: no notification will appear from the status bar.
- Banners: the notification will come down from the status bar and will disappear automatically.
- Alerts: alerts require an action before proceeding.
- Your notifications have now been customised.
- To view your notifications, drag the status bar down.
- If you have received notifications, these will be displayed here in the Notification Centre.
- To remove a notification, swipe the notification to the side of the screen and choose Clear.
- To remove all notifications, choose the cross symbol.
- All notifications have been removed.
- Return to the Start screen.