- Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your iPhone 5 which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
- Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
- The following steps contain instructions on how to update your iPhone 5 to the latest software version over the air.
- Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose General.
- The iPhone 5 is now searching for software updates.
- Available updates will be displayed.
- If this screen appears, the iPhone 5 already has the most recent software version.
- Return to the Start screen.