* Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your iPhone 5 which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
* Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
* The following steps contain instructions on how to update your iPhone 5 to the latest software version over the air.
* Start screen.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *General*.
* Choose *Software Update*.
* The iPhone 5 is now searching for software updates.
* Available updates will be displayed.
* If this screen appears, the iPhone 5 already has the most recent software version.
* Return to the Start screen.