Reset to factory settings
- When certain applications no longer function properly or if your iPhone 5 is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
- Please note: your iPhone 5 may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the iPhone 5. Make sure you have them at hand.
- If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
- Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
- Select Next for step-by-step instructions to reset the iPhone 5 to factory settings.
- Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Reset.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Choose Erase iPhone.
- All saved data and personal settings are removed from the iPhone 5.
- The iPhone 5 will then automatically reboot with the factory settings applied.
- The iPhone 5 has been reset.