iPhone 5 iOS 8
- MMS settings can not be sent to your Apple iPhone 5 via SMS.
- You can configure your phone manually for MMS. Follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- If Mobile Data is disabled, enable Mobile Data.
- If Mobile Data is enabled, go to the next step.
- Choose Mobile Data Network.
- If Mobile Data Network is not available, manual configuration is not possible. In this case, connect the device to the computer and use iTunes to install the ‘Carrier Settings’.
- Edit the details for MMS as follows:
- Under APN, enter mms.base.be (be aware of the dots)
- Under Username, enter base (or leave empty)
- Under Password, enter base (or leave empty)
- Under MMSC, enter http://mmsc.base.be (be aware of the dots)
- Under MMS Proxy, enter 220.127.116.11 (be aware of the dots):8080
- Under MMS Max Message Size, enter 300000
- The Apple iPhone 5 has now been configured for use of MMS.
- Return to the Start screen.
- Start screen.
- Switch the Apple iPhone 5 off and then on again to activate the settings.
- Note: Activation is only complete after sending a first MMS. Test the settings by sending an MMS to your own phone number.
- If the MMS is successful, you will receive a confirmation within a few minutes. Check the messages inbox of your Apple iPhone 5 if you have received the MMS.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to create and send an MMS, click here.