* Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your Apple iPhone 4 S which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
* Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
* The following steps contain instructions on how to update your Apple iPhone 4 S to the latest software version over the air.
* Start screen.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *General*.
* Choose *Software update*.
* If this screen appears, the Apple iPhone 4 S already has the latest software version.
* If this screen is not displayed, one or more updates are available. Choose an update, and follow the on-screen instructions.
* Return to the Start screen.