AppleiPad Air 2 iOS 10iOS featuresCustomise notifications
* Receiving too many notifications can sometimes be overwhelming and distracting. This tutorial will help you gain more control over your notifications by customising what pops up on your screen.
* We will guide you step-by-step through the customisation of the *Notifications* app.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Choose *Notifications*.
* Choose an application, for example *App Store*.
* To disable notifications for this application, disable *Allow Notifications*.
* To stop notifications for this app being shown in the Notification Centre, disable *Show in Notification Centre*.
* A badge app icon is the number in the red circle at the right upper corner of an app that indicates how many notifications you have received from the app.
* To stop showing badge app icons for this app in the Notification Centre, disable *Badge App Icon*.
* To stop showing notifications for this app on the lock screen, disable *Show on Lock Screen*.
* Under *ALERT STYLE WHEN UNLOCKED*, you can set the style of notifications you receive when your Apple iPad Air 2 is unlocked. If you choose:
* *None*: no notification will appear from the status bar.
* *Banners*: the notification will come down from the status bar and will disappear automatically.
* *Alerts*: alerts require an action before proceeding.
* Your notifications have now been customised.
* Return to the Start screen.